Performs other duties as directed.Responsible for communicating with clients and assisting in the preparation, writing, and revision of correspondence, reports, and procedures. Collects pertinent component information, arranges for report photographs, develops product descriptions, and gathers, identifies and collects information relevant to revised construction evaluation and factory inspection material. Usually works on a wide variety of product categories beyond the scope of a Conformity Assessment Specialist I. All work reviewed by a project handler.
- Examines photographs, devices, units, and components to write descriptive reports of products under investigation. May prepare reports concerning factory inspections and follow-up testing. Responsible for answering correspondence, and sending application forms to prospective clients. May assist with preparation of specific test schedules and data sheets.
- Communicates with managerial and non-managerial personnel and clients by telephone, in person, and by correspondence to clarify information pertinent to product description and to transmit information relative to the preparation of engineering reports and correspondence.
- Uses system software to prepare letters and technical reports for laboratory test data sheets, test records, product descriptions, and report photographs.
- Assembles and disassembles test samples. May conduct basic laboratory tests.
- Performs other duties as directed.