Serves as Project Lead for complex projects as assigned and is responsible for evaluating, explaining, and completing the test report for intricate customer samples. Follows defined test plans and data sheets utilizing a single testing technology. Operates and maintains complex test equipment and customer samples. Communicates with customers during setup and operation to ensure proper evaluation.
1. Follows complex defined test plans and datasheets utilizing a single technology. Evaluates test performance and sample operation to properly evaluate test results. Records and explains test results and completes test report.
2. Serves as Project Lead for complex test programs as assigned with the needed assistance. Communicates project status and results as needed. Holds responsibility for defining test plan, report completion and accuracy, meeting of agreed deadlines, and managing project related activities.
3. Examines complex customer samples and learns to operate appropriate tests for each case. Communicates with customers during setup and operation to ensure proper evaluation.
4. Understands and is able to explain specific test standards and product technology for scope of responsibility.
5. Directs, builds and/or adapts simple test setups and equipment to new situations, based on test plans and instructions from engineering. Trains other lab staff on these test procedures or equipment.
6. Operates and maintains complex test and support equipment appropriately to measure and test customer samples with the necessary help. Performs complex maintenance on designated test equipment and laboratory area. May perform calibration of test equipment.
7. For a single testing technology, integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job. Communicates with management and technical staff to provide suggestions for new equipment, processes, and forms to improve accuracy and efficiencies.
8. Performs other duties as directed.
University Degree in Engineering (in related field of work) as well as 4 years Work Experience.
Equivalent Work Experience